SSC CHSL 2018 is to be conducted from 1 to 26 July 2019. English is important part of the CHSL examination, so today we are providing English grammar quiz with solutions to make you more accurate in your SSC CHSL examination. Attempt this quiz and prepare yourself.
Wish you best of luck for the all upcoming exams.
Each question has a sentence with three parts labelled (a), (b) and (c). Read each sentence to find out whether there is any error in any part and indicate your answer against the corresponding letter i.e. (a), (b) or (c). If you find no error, your answer should be indicated as option (d).
1. He has been suffering (a)/ with fever (b)/ for the last six weeks. (c)/ No error (d)
Explanation (b) Use ‘from’ in place of ‘with’. Suffer from something is used.
2. The examination begins (a)/ from Monday (b)/ next week. (c)/ No error (d)
Explanation (b) Use ‘on’ in place of ‘from’. On is used to show a day or date.
3. My father says (a)/ that one should always be sincere (b)/ to his duties. (c)/ No error (d)
Explanation (c) Use ‘one's’ in place of ‘his’.
4. There has been (a)/ a number of railway accidents (b)/ during the last month. (c)/ No error (d)
Explanation (a) Use ‘have’ in place of ‘has’. A number of always takes a plural noun and a plural verb.
5. Inspite of all efforts to eradicate malaria (a)/ it still prevalent (b)/ in many parts of India. (c)/ No error (d)
Explanation (b) say ‘it is still prevalent’.
6. It is only three days ago (a)/ that (b)/ he has arrived. (c)/ No error (d)
Explanation (c) Remove ‘has’.
7. He has lost (a)/ all what (b)/ I gave him. (c)/ No error (d)
Explanation (b) Use ‘that’ in place of ‘what’. That is usually used with all, only etc.
8. I have (a)/ no news from him (b)/ for a long time. (c)/ No error (d)
Explanation (b) Use ‘of’ in place of ‘from’.
9. Mahatma Gandhi’s entire life (a)/ was one unrelenting experiment (b)/ on truth. (c)/ No error (d)
Explanation (b) Use ‘an’ in place of ‘one’.
10. As the thieves ran out of the bank (a)/ they got into the gateway car (b)/ which was waiting with its engine running. (c)/ No error (d)
Explanation (c) Say ‘which was left with its engine on’.