SSC CHSL 2018 is to be conducted from 1 to 26 July 2019. English is important part of the CHSL examination, so today we are providing English grammar quiz with solutions to make you more accurate in your SSC CHSL examination. Attempt this quiz and prepare yourself.
Wish you best of luck for the all upcoming exams.
Each question has a sentence with three parts labelled (a), (b) and (c). Read each sentence to find out whether there is any error in any part and indicate your answer against the corresponding letter i.e. (a), (b) or (c). If you find no error, your answer should be indicated as option (d).
1. Until you begin to make a better use of your time, (a)/ I shall not stop (b)/ finding fault in you. (c)/ No error (d)
Explanation (c) Use ‘with’ in place of ‘in’. Find fault with somebody is used.
2. Neither of the two boys (a)/ is sensible (b)/ enough to do this job. (c)/ No error (d)
Explanation (d) The sentence is correct.
3. They left (a)/ their luggages (b)/ at the railway station. (c)/ No error (d)
Explanation (b) Use ‘luggage’ in place of luggages. Luggage is an uncountable noun.
4. You will get (a)/all the informations (b)/ if you read this booklet carefully. (c)/ No error (d)
Explanation (b) Use ‘information’ in place of informations’. Information is an uncountable noun.
5. She sang (a)/ very well, (b)/ isn't it ? (c)/ No error (d)
Explanation (c) It should be ‘didn't she‘. The sentence is in Past Tense.
6. He is working (a)/ in a bank in New Delhi (bl/ for the past several months. (c)/ No error (d)
Explanation (a) Use ‘has been’ in place of ‘is’. The sentence is in Present Perfect Continuous Tense.
7. There is no question (a)/ of my failing (b)/ in the examination. (c)/ No error (d)
Explanation (b) Use ‘failure’ in place of ‘failing’.
8. He is going everyday (a)/ for a morning walk (b)/ with his friends and neighbours. (c)/ No error (d)
Explanation (a) Use ‘goes’ in place of ‘is going’. Present Indefinite Tense is required here.
9. Her relatives could not explain to us (a)/ why did not she come for the wedding (b)/ as she was expected. (c)/ No error (d)
Explanation (b) Use ‘she did not’ in place of ‘did not she’. The sentence is not interrogative sentence.
10. He was prevented to accept the assignment (a)/ because he was a government employee (b)/ and as such barred from accepting such assignments. (c)/ No error (d)
Explanation (a) Use ‘from accepting’ in place of ‘to accept’.