SSC CHSL 2018 is to be conducted from 1 to 26 July 2019. English is important part of the CHSL examination, so today we are providing English grammar quiz with solutions to make you more accurate in your SSC CHSL examination. Attempt this quiz and prepare yourself.
Wish you best of luck for the all upcoming exams.
Each question has a sentence with three parts labelled (a), (b) and (c). Read each sentence to find out whether there is any error in any part and indicate your answer against the corresponding letter i.e. (a), (b) or (c). If you find no error, your answer should be indicated as option (d).
1. More than one (a)/ workmen (b)/ was killed. (c)No error (d)
Explanation (b) ‘Not more than one workman’ is correct. With one plural ‘workmen’ is wrong usage.
2. The parties disagreed (a)/ on the two first clauses (b)/ in the agreement. (c)/ No error (d)
Explanation (b) ‘Two ﬁrst’ is inappropriate as a proper sequence of ‘two’ should be used to make the sentence correct.
3. The composition contained (a) /even no less (b)/ than twenty mistakes. (c)/ No error (d)
Explanation (b) Remove ‘even’.
4. He told us (a)/ that (b)/ he has not read the book. (c)/ No error (d)
Please select 2 correct answers
Explanation (c) Use ‘had’ in place of ‘has’
5. The minister announced (a)/ compensation for (b)/ the victims from the accident. (c)/ No error (d)
Explanation (c) Use ‘of’ in place of ‘from’.
6. I should (a)/ have preferred (b)/ to go by myself. (c)/ No error (d)
Explanation (d) The sentence is correct.
7. There is (a) / no place (b) / in this Compartment. (c)/ No error (d)
Explanation (b) Use ‘room’ or ‘seat’ in place of ‘place’.
8. The (a)/ young man (b)/ had no manner. (c)/error (d)
Explanation (c) Say ‘had no manners’.
9. There are many (a)/ beautiful furnitures (b)/ in the room. (c)/ No error (d)
Explanation (b) Use ‘articles of furniture’ in place of ‘furnitures’.
10. The policeman prevented us from (a)/ entering into (b)/ the hall. (c)/ No error (d)
Explanation (b) Remove ‘into’.