SSC CHSL 2018 is to be conducted from 1 to 26 July 2019. English is important part of the CHSL examination, so today we are providing English grammar quiz with solutions to make you more accurate in your SSC CHSL examination. Attempt this quiz and prepare yourself.
Wish you best of luck for the all upcoming exams.
Each question has a sentence with three parts labelled (a), (b) and (c). Read each sentence to find out whether there is any error in any part and indicate your answer against the corresponding letter i.e. (a), (b) or (c). If you find no error, your answer should be indicated as option (d).
1. The world (a)/ comprises (b)/ good and bad people. (c)/ No error (d)
Explanation (c) Say ‘both good and bad people’.
2. Would you please order (a)/ for tea and biscuits (b)/ for all of us ? (c)/ No error (d)
Explanation (b) Remove ‘for’.
3. I have paid (a)/ my bill for electricity (b)/only a week ago. (c)/ No error (d)
Explanation (a) Remove ‘have’.
4. He has just been appointed (a)/ Ambassador to an important country (b)/ for a five- year term. (c)/ No error (d)
Explanation (b) Add ‘an’ before ‘ambassador’.
5. This is the old man (a)/ whom I said (b)/had helped me. (c)/ No error (d)
Explanation (b) Use ‘who’ in place of ‘whom I said’.
6. The dog pushed (a)/ the door open (b)/ and stole the meat. (c)/ No error (d)
Explanation (d) The sentence is correct.
7. The truck driver accused (a)/ the lady for walking (b)/ in the middle of the road. (c)/ No error (d)
Explanation (b) Use ‘of’ in place of ‘for’.
8. Everybody (a)/ it must be admitted (b)/ has their ups and downs. (c)/ No error (d)
Explanation (c) It should be ‘her or his’.
9. When the thief broke into their house (a)/ they raised a hue and cry (b)/ and the thief caught immediately by the people. (c)/ No error (d)
Explanation (c) Add ‘was’ before ‘caught’.
10. I have tried (a)/ to meet him several times (b)/ he isn’t never at home. (c)/ No error (d)
Explanation (c) Use ‘is’ in place of ‘isn't’.