SSC CHSL 2018 is to be conducted from 1 to 26 July 2019. English is important part of the CHSL examination, so today we are providing English grammar quiz with solutions to make you more accurate in your SSC CHSL examination. Attempt this quiz and prepare yourself.
Wish you best of luck for the all upcoming exams.
Each question has a sentence with three parts labelled (a), (b) and (c). Read each sentence to find out whether there is any error in any part and indicate your answer against the corresponding letter i.e. (a), (b) or (c). If you find no error, your answer should be indicated as option (d).
1. This house (a)/ is (b)/ mine. (c)/ No error (d)
Explanation (d) The sentence is correct.
2. He is proficient in Hindi (a)/ and can speak English (b)/ but he does not know to read and Write English. (c)/ No error (d)
Explanation (c) Add ‘how’ after ‘know’.
3. Every woman in the world (a)/ fervently hopes that their child (b)/ will be a normal and healthy baby. (c)/ No error (d)
Explanation (b) Use ‘her’ in place of 'their’.
4. Neither of them (a)/ send their papers (b)/ in time for the last seminar. (c)/ No error (d)
Explanation (b) are ‘sent his’.
5. There is not many traffic (a)/ along the street (b)/ where I live. (c)/ No error (d)
Explanation (a) Use ‘much’ in place of ‘many’.
6. The font page story was about a school girl (a)/that had hurt herself (b)/ while saving a child in a accident. (c)/ No error (d)
Explanation (c) The relative pronouns here used ‘that’ for a girl is not proper. It must be ‘who’ because it is always used for proper nouns and human beings.
8. The police arrived and discovered (a)/ a large number of hoarded sugar (b)/ in his shop. (c)/ No error (d)
Explanation (b) Use ‘quantity’ in place of ‘number’.
9. Raju doesn’t come to our house because our dog barks at him (a)/ and licks him (b)/ although I have often told him not to afraid of it. (c)/ No error (d)
Explanation (c) Add ‘be’ before ‘afraid’.
10. Running across the playground, my pen fell in the mud (a)/ fortunately, I noticed it (b)/ and picked it up. (c)/ No error (d)
Explanation (a) Use ‘while l was’ before ‘running’.