SSC CHSL 2018 is to be conducted from 1 to 26 July 2019. English is important part of the CHSL examination, so today we are providing English grammar quiz with solutions to make you more accurate in your SSC CHSL examination. Attempt this quiz and prepare yourself.
Wish you best of luck for the all upcoming exams.
Each question has a sentence with three parts labelled (a), (b) and (c). Read each sentence to find out whether there is any error in any part and indicate your answer against the corresponding letter i.e. (a), (b) or (c). If you find no error, your answer should be indicated as option (d).
1. The last thing that the fond mother (a)/ gave her only son (b)/ was his blessing. (c)/ No error (d)
Explanation (c) Use ‘her’ in place of ‘his’.
2. To his innovative ideas and practices in farming (a)/ he was given (b)/ the Krishi Pandit Award last year. (c)/ No error (d)
Explanation (a) Use ‘For’ in place of ‘To’.
3. As a dramatist (a)/ Shaw is superior than (b) any other 20th century writer. (c)/ No error (d)
Explanation (b) Use ‘to’ in place of ‘than’.
4. Molly speaks (a)/ French well (b)/ isn’t it? (c)/ No error (d)
Explanation (c) Say ‘doesn't she’.
5. Mutton is more hard (a)/ to digest (b)/ than vegetables. (c)/ No error (d)
Explanation (a) Use ‘harder’ in place of ‘more hard’.
6. I have found that he is (a)/ neither willing (b)/ or capable. (c)/ No error (d)
Explanation (c) Say ‘nor capable‘.
7. For times immemorial (a)/ sea shells have been used by man (b)/ in many ways (c)/ No error (d)
Explanation (a) Say ‘From time immemorial’.
8. He will not (a)/ listen (b)/ what you say. (c)/ No error (d)
Explanation (b) Say ‘listen to’.
9. I have done my best (a)/ the whole thing is now (b)/ in the hands of the Gods. (c)/ No error (d)
Explanation (c) Say ‘in the hands of God’.
10. Oh for God Sake (a)/ leave me alone (b)/ and go away from here. (C)/ No error (d)
Explanation (a) Say ‘oh for God's sake’.