SSC CHSL 2018 is to be conducted from 1 to 26 July 2019. English is important part of the CHSL examination, so today we are providing English grammar quiz with solutions to make you more accurate in your SSC CHSL examination. Attempt this quiz and prepare yourself.
Wish you best of luck for the all upcoming exams.
Each question has a sentence with three parts labelled (a), (b) and (c). Read each sentence to find out whether there is any error in any part and indicate your answer against the corresponding letter i.e. (a), (b) or (c). If you find no error, your answer should be indicated as option (d).
1. This is a strange world (a)/ where each one pursues their own golden bubble (b)/ and laughs at others for doing the same. (c)/ No error (d)
Explanation (b) Use ‘his’ in place of ‘their’.
2. Each of the boys (a)/ were to blame (b)/ for the accident. (c)/ No error (d)
Explanation (b) Use ‘was’ in place of ‘were’.
3. Young school students now-a-days (a)/ are subjected to intense pressure from peers and parents alike (b)/ to fetch high marks in public examinations. (c)/ No error (d)
Explanation (b) Add ‘their’ before ‘peers’.
4. The candidate’s performance (a)/ was not upto mark (b)/ in the interview. (c)/ No error (d)
Explanation (b) Add ‘the’ before ‘mark’.
5. After a successful tour of Europe (a)/ my old parents returned back to India (b)/ on New Year’s Day. (c)/ No error (d)
Explanation (b) Remove ‘back’.
6. The commission set-up to submit a report (a)/ about the reasons for the fall in educational standards (b)/ could not complete its work even after two years. (c)/ No error (d)
Explanation (b) Use standard.
7. Though death is a daily fact (a)/ it is a wonder that people should (b)/ behave to be immortal. (c)/ No error (d)
Explanation (a) Remove ‘daily’.
8. It would be more better (a)/ If you could paint (b)/ the gate green. (c)/ No error (d)
Explanation (a) Remove ‘more’ or use ‘much’ in place of ‘more’.
9. Being his sole companion (a)/ I was the one to who (b)/ he naturally looked for help. (c)/ No error (d)
Explanation (b) Use ‘whom’ in place of ‘who’.
10. He came to report that the work went very slowly (a)/ because the X-ray machine was not working very good (b)/ that morning. (c)/ No error (d)
Explanation (b) Use ‘well’ in place of ‘very good’.