SSC CHSL 2018 is to be conducted from 1 to 26 July 2019. English is important part of the CHSL examination, so today we are providing English grammar quiz with solutions to make you more accurate in your SSC CHSL examination. Attempt this quiz and prepare yourself.
Wish you best of luck for the all upcoming exams.
Each question has a sentence with three parts labelled (a), (b) and (c). Read each sentence to find out whether there is any error in any part and indicate your answer against the corresponding letter i.e. (a), (b) or (c). If you find no error, your answer should be indicated as option (d).
1. The principal objected (a)/ to them wearing short skirts (b)/ at the function. (c)/ No error (d)
Explanation (b) Use ‘their’ in place of ‘them’.
2. I spent nearly four and half years (a) / at Harrow (b) / of which three were in the Army class. (c) / No error (d)/
Explanation (a) years and a half
3. Considerable encouragement for the scheme (a) has been received from the Bengal Chamber of Commerce (b)/ which has promised their full support. (c)/ No error (d)
Explanation (c) Use ‘its’ in place of ‘their’.
4. He collected his bags (a)/ said good-bye to us (b)/ and left for home immediately. (c)/ No error (d)
Explanation (b) use bade in place of ‘said’.
5. All the players agreed to divide (a)/ the cash prize between themselves (b)/ without any argument. (c)/ No error (d)
Explanation (b) Use ‘among’ in place of ‘between’.
6. He is very ill (a)/ I am afraid (b)/ he is going to die. (c)/ No error (d)
Explanation (a) use ‘too’ in place of ‘very’.
7. The tourist did not know the local language (a)/but he used signs to make people understand (b) /that he wanted to reach to Darjeeling quickly. (c)/No error (d)
Explanation (c) Delete ‘to’.
8. The Vice-Chancellor consulted the students as well as the teachers (a)/ on last Monday and decided (b)/ to reopen the University on Friday next. (c)/ No error (d)
Explanation (c) Use ‘next Friday’ in place of ‘Friday next‘.
9. Everybody was trying (a)/ to shake hand (b)/ with the Minister. (c)/ No error (d)
Explanation (b) add ‘his’before ‘hand’.
10. A friend of his (a)/ received him (b)/ at the station. (c)/ No error (d)
Explanation (d) The sentence is correct.