SSC CHSL 2018 is to be conducted from 1 to 26 July 2019. English is important part of the CHSL examination, so today we are providing English grammar quiz with solutions to make you more accurate in your SSC CHSL examination. Attempt this quiz and prepare yourself.
Wish you best of luck for the all upcoming exams.
Each question has a sentence with three parts labelled (a), (b) and (c). Read each sentence to find out whether there is any error in any part and indicate your answer against the corresponding letter i.e. (a), (b) or (c). If you find no error, your answer should be indicated as option (d).
1. Mohan was your best friend a month ago (a)/ but you now seem to (b) / have broken with him altogether. (c) / No error (d)
Explanation (c) Add ‘up’ before ‘with’.
2. It is a great loss indeed (a)/ but how far he is to be blamed for it (b)/ I am not quite sure. (c)/ No error (d)
Explanation (b) He is to be blamed is a corret structure by the rules & passive voice. ‘The’ is not convincing.
3. The ‘Akbar Nama’ (a)/ is among the major historical texts (b)/ in the Indian past. (c)/ No error (d)
Explanation (c) Say ‘in the Indian history’.
4. Whether he is writing about a taxi driver (a) and an interesting sketch of a woman (b)/ he always at his ease. (c)/ No error (d)
Explanation (b) Use ‘or’ in place of ‘and’.
5. There will be no more supplies (a)/ unless all arrears of payment (b)/ were cleared by next Monday. (c) / No error (d)
Explanation (c) Use ‘are’ in place of ‘were’.
6. After her latest experience of eve-teasing, (a)/ she seems worried (b)/ as to how she would reach her office everyday. (c)/ No error (d)
Explanation (b) Use ‘to be’ after ‘seems.
7. He is every bit (a)/ as guilty (b)/ as I. (c)/ No error (d)
Explanation (c) Add ‘am’ after ‘I’.
8. A woman opened the door (a)/ and standing at a distance she pushed the plate (b)/ containing the food to him. (c)/ No error (d)
Explanation (c) Use ‘for’ in place of ‘to’.
9. We were greatly worried (a)/ that the train might be late (b)/ but it arrived exactly in time. (c)/ No error (d)
Explanation (c) Use ‘on’ in place of ‘in’.
10. He is one of those few post-colonial writer who believes (a)/ that this talk about colonialism has gone too far (b)/ and has turned into a cliche. (c) No error (d)
Explanation (a) Say ‘writers who believe’.