SSC CHSL 2018 is to be conducted from 1 to 26 July 2019. English is important part of the CHSL examination, so today we are providing English grammar quiz with solutions to make you more accurate in your SSC CHSL examination. Attempt this quiz and prepare yourself.
Wish you best of luck for the all upcoming exams.
Each question has a sentence with three parts labelled (a), (b) and (c). Read each sentence to find out whether there is any error in any part and indicate your answer against the corresponding letter i.e. (a), (b) or (c). If you find no error, your answer should be indicated as option (d).
1. Put you in my position (a)/ and you would realise (b)/ the problems faced in my profession. (c)/ No error (d)
Explanation (a) Use ‘yourself’ in place of ‘you’.
2. Your association is doing good work (a)/ and we would like to help it (b)/ in meaningful way. (c)/ No error (d)
Explanation (c) Add ‘a’ after in.
3. He asked me (a)/ if I know (b)/ where the principal lived. (c)/ No error (d)
Explanation (b) Use ‘knew’ in place of ‘know’.
4. Fish and chips (a)/ is my favourite (b)/ dish for lunch. (c)/ No error (d)
Explanation (c) Use ‘food’ in place of ‘dish’.
5. One of the peculiarities (a)/which distinguishes the present age (b)/ is the multiplication of books. (c)/ No error (d)
Explanation (b) Use ‘distinguish’ in place of ‘distinguishes’.
6. If you had (a)/ just hinted at your difficulty, (b)/ I would most certainly help you. (c)/ No error (d)
Explanation (c) lt should be written -‘l would have most certainly helped you‘.
7. This TV serial (a)/ is going on (b)/ for three years. (c)/ No error (d)
Explanation (b) Use ‘has been’ in place of 'is‘.
8. It is my pleasure (a)/ to congratulate you for your success (b)/ in the civil services examination. (c)/ No error (d)
Explanation (b) Use ‘on’ in place of 'for’.
9. Despite of repeated warnings (a)/ he touched a live electric wire (b)/ and was electrocuted. (c)/ No error (d)
Explanation (a) Remove ‘of’.
10. He says that he has renounced the world (a)/ and that he has nothing (b)/ that he can call as his own. (c)/ No error (d)
Explanation (b) Remove ‘as’.