SSC CHSL 2018 is to be conducted from 1 to 26 July 2019. English is important part of the CHSL examination, so today we are providing English grammar quiz with solutions to make you more accurate in your SSC CHSL examination. Attempt this quiz and prepare yourself.
Wish you best of luck for the all upcoming exams.
Each question has a sentence with three parts labelled (a), (b) and (c). Read each sentence to find out whether there is any error in any part and indicate your answer against the corresponding letter i.e. (a), (b) or (c). If you find no error, your answer should be indicated as option (d).
1. Drydus’ prose, which is meant to be popular (a)/ loses nothing of its value (b)/ by being compared with his contemporaries. (c)/ No error (d)
Explanation (c) Add ‘those of’ before 'his‘
2. In the early years of the renaissance of Bharatanatyam hereditary dancers have their own set of accompanists (a)/ who lived with the dancers and travelled with them from place to place (b)/ when they gave performances. (d) No error (d)
Explanation (a) a use ‘had’ in place of ‘have'
3. At this turn of the conversation Vikram blurted out (a)/ that he was not knowing me (b)/ when I used to live in the same town as he. (c)/ No error (d)
Explanation (b) Use ‘did not know me’ in place of ‘was not knowing me’.
4. Neither of them (a)/ are going to attend (b)/ the party on 10th October. (c)/ No error (d)
Explanation (b) Use ‘is’ in place of 'are'.
5. I have not seen him since twenty years (a)/ and so I cannot say with certainty (b)/ whether he is alive or dead. (c)/ No error (d)
Explanation (a) Use ‘for’ in place of ‘since’
6. He walked five miles which are really a great distance (a)/ for a man like him (b)/ who is not only old but also ill. (c)/ No error (d)
Explanation (a) Use ‘is’ in place of ‘are’.
7. The student requested the teacher (a)/ to explain him the theory of relativity (b)/ with some examples which he could understand easily. (c)/ No error (d)
Explanation (b) Add ‘to’ after ‘explain’.
8. When he did not find his cook in the kitchen (a)/ he asked his wife (b)/ where had he gone. (c)/ No error (d)
Explanation (c) Say ‘where he had gone’.
9. We are proud to announce (a)/ that everyone of our team has earned (b)/ a good name. (c) No error (d)
Explanation (b) Use ‘in’ in place of ‘on’
10. Either my colleague (a)/ or a peon are coming home (b)/ with the material today. (c)/ No error (d)
Explanation (b) Use ‘is’ in place of ‘are’