SSC CHSL 2018 is to be conducted from 1 to 26 July 2019. English is important part of the CHSL examination, so today we are providing English grammar quiz with solutions to make you more accurate in your SSC CHSL examination. Attempt this quiz and prepare yourself.
Wish you best of luck for the all upcoming exams.
Each question has a sentence with three parts labelled (a), (b) and (c). Read each sentence to find out whether there is any error in any part and indicate your answer against the corresponding letter i.e. (a), (b) or (c). If you find no error, your answer should be indicated as option (d).
1. Right from his childhood (a)/ he used to prefer (b)/ sports than studies. (c)/ No error (d)
Explanation (c) Use ‘to’ in place of ‘than’
2. I went to his house but (a)/ couldn’t see him (b)/ because he went out before I arrived. (c)/ No error (d)
Explanation (c) Use ‘had gone’ in place of ‘went’.
3. When I shall see him, (a)/ I shall tell him that what he has done is wrong. (c)/ No error (d)
Explanation (a) Remove ‘shall’
4. Literature remains the interest of a minority (a) and the majority has choosen to ignore those aspects of language (b)/ which, at school they were told to value highly. (c)/ No error (d)
Explanation (c) Use ‘it was’ in place of they were because majority ti collectibve noun is singular.
5. I look (a)/ forward to meet you (b)/ in future. (c) No error (d)
Explanation (a) Use ‘am looking’ in place of ‘look’.
6. If I was the king, (a)/ I would change the face (b)/ of my country. (c)/ No error (d)
Explanation (a) Use ‘were’ in place of ‘was’.
7. He admits that (a)/ he is not following (b)/ instructions. (c)/ No error (d)
Explanation (d) The sentence is correct.
8. Life on boardship (a)/ was not as I expected (b)/ it to be. (c)/ No error (d)
Explanation (b) Add ‘had’ after ‘I’
9. He did not pass the examination (a)/ inspite of (b)/ his best efforts. (c)/ No error (d)
Explanation (a) Use ‘could’ in place of ‘did’
10. I tried to read your letter, (a)/ but it was so badly written (b)/ that I had to leave the attempt. (c) No error (d)
Explanation (b) Place ‘written’ before ‘so’