UPSC Central Armed Police Force (CAPF) Assistant Commandant (AC) Selection Process: – Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) conduct exam for the recruitment of Central Armed Police Force (CAPF) Assistant Commandant (AC) for central forces in India i.e. CRPF,CISF,SSB,BSF, ITBP. Eligibility details are given below…
CAPF (Central Armed Police Force) Selection Procedure consists of 3 stages.
- Written Examination
- Physical Standards Test/ Physical Efficiency Test/ Medical Standards Test
- Interview/ Personality Test
- Written Examination: – The written examination to be conducted by Union Service Commission will comprise two papers, Paper l & Paper ll.
Paper l: – General Ability and Intelligence -250 Marks
Paper l consists of Objective (Multiple Answers) Type questions and questions set in English as well as Hindi. There is negative mark will be cut for each answer.
Paper ll: – General Studies, Essay and Comprehension – 200 Marks
In this paper candidates will be allowed the option of writing the Essay Compo English or Hindi, but the medium of Precis Writing, Comprehension Components other communications/ language skills will be in English.
- Physical Standards/ Physical Efficiency Tests and Medical Standards:-
Candidates who are qualiﬁed in the written examination will be called for the Physical Standards/ Physical Etﬁciency Tests and Medical Standards Tests.
Physical Efficiency Tests (PET):-
|S. No.||Physical Tests||For Males||For Females|
|1.||100 Meters race||In 16 seconds||In 18 seconds|
|2.||800 Meters race||In 3 minutes 45 seconds||In 4 minutes 45 seconds|
|3.||Long jump||3.5 meters (3 chances)||3 meters (3 chances)|
|4.||Shot-put (7.26 kgs.)||4.5 meters||–|
Note: – Pregnancy at the time of PET will be a disqualiﬁcation and pregnant candidate will be rejected.
- Interview/Personality Test: – Candidates, who are declared qualified in the Medical Standards Tests, will be called for Interview/Personality Test to be conducted by Union Public Service Commission. Candidates who are declared medically unfit but allowed to appear before the “Review Medical Board” on their appeal by the Appellate Authority will be called for Interview/Personality Tests provisionally. The Interview/Personality Test will carry 150 Marks. Candidates who are short-listed for Interview/Personality Test, including those shortlisted for Interview/Personality Test provisionally will be issued a Detailed Application Form (DAF) in which among other things, they will be required to indicate their preference of Forces.
Final Selection / Merit: – The merit list will be drawn on the basis of marks obtained by the candidates in the Written Examination and Interview/Personality Test.