Selection Process Details: – Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) conduct the exam COMBINED DEFENCE SERVICES EXAMINATION, [INCLUDING SSC WOMEN (NON-TECHNICAL) COURSE] twice in a year for various courses in Indian Military Academy, Naval Academy, Air Force Academy. Selection Procedure details are given below:-
CDS Examination procedure contains three stages:-
- Written Exam
- SSB Interview
- Document Verification
- Medical Examination
- Written Exam:-
- Written Exam consists of Objective Type questions and time duration 2hrs and maximum marks is 100 for each subject.
- For the candidates who are appearing for Indian Military Academy, Naval Academy, Air force Academy written test comprising of English: General Knowledge and Elementary mathematics subjects and for candidates who are appearing for officers training academy the written test comprising of English and General Knowledge.
- Candidates who are declared successful in the written exam will be detailed for intelligence and personality test at the Service Selection Board based on their preference: by the respective service HQ.
- Interview/Personality Test: The candidates who are selected in written test are called for interview. The SSB procedure consists of two stage selection process-Stage I and Stage ll. Only those candidates who clear the stage I are permitted to appear for Stage ll.
- Stage I comprises of Ofﬁcers Intelligence Rating (OIR) tests are Picture Perception Description Test (P&DT). The candidates will be shortlisted based on combination of performance in QIR Test and PP and DT.
- Stage ll comprises of interview, Group Testing Officers Tasks, Psychology Tests and the conference. These tests are conducted over 4 days.
- Document Veriﬁcation: Document veriﬁcation will be conducted only after the candidate has qualiﬁed for Interview/Personality Test.
- Medical Examination: A Candidate recommended by the Services Selection Board (SSB) will undergo a medical examination by a Board of Service Medical Officers. Women candidates will undergo Medical Examination by a Medical Board comprising male/female doctors/ specialists/Gynecologists. There will be a Lady Medical Officer as member of Board. Only those candidates will be admitted to the Academy who are declared ﬁt by the Medical Board.