SSC CGL Exam Selection Process: – Staff Selection Commission (SSC) conducts the Combined Graduate Level (CGL) exam. Selection process details are given below:-
The written exam will be consists of one exam one objective type – multiple choice questions only. The questions will be set both in English & Hindi for Tier-I and Tier-II.
Selection Process: – The examination will consist of four stages:-
Tier -I — Computer Based Examination
Tier -II — Computer Based Examination
Tier -III — Pen and Paper Mode (Descriptive paper)
Tier-IV — Computer Proficiency Test/ Skill Test (wherever applicable)/Document Verification
- Computer Based Examination (Tier-I):- Tier-I is a computer based objective exam, which is divided in four sections: – General Intelligence, English Knowledge, Quantitative Aptitude, General Awareness. Total marks for Tier-I is 200 and there is negative marking 0.5 for every wrong answer. Candidates, who securing qualifying marks in Tier-I will be selected for the Tier-II exam.
- Computer Based Examination (Tier-II):- Tier-II is a computer based objective exam, which is divided in two separate papers: – English Knowledge, Quantitative Aptitudes and each paper is of 200 marks. There is negative marking 0.5 for every wrong answer.
- Pen and Paper Mode (Descriptive paper) (Tier-III):- Only those candidates, who secure marks in the Computer Based Examination (Tier-II), will be called for Tier-III examination.
Resolution of Tie Cases: – The tie cases will be resolved by applying one after another method, till tie resolved:-
- Total marks in Tier-I + Tier-II.
- Total marks of Tier-II examination.
- Total marks of Tier-I examination.
- Date of Birth, with older candidates placed higher.
- Alphabetical order in which first names of candidates appear.