SSC CHSL (10+2) Exam Selection Process: – Staff Selection Commission (SSC) conducts Combined Higher Secondary Level exam for the recruitment of Lower Division Clerk, Junior Secretariat Assistance (JSA), Postal Assistance/Sorting Assistance, Data Entry Operator (DEO) vacancies. Selection process details are given below:-
Selection Process: – The examination will consist of three stages:-
- Computer Based Examination (Tier-I)
- Descriptive Paper (Tier-II)
- Typing Test/ Skill Test (Tier-III)
- Typing Test for LDC/JSA, PA/SA
- Skill Test for DEO
The written exam will be consists of one exam one objective type – multiple choice questions only. The questions will be set both in English & Hindi for Tier-I and Tier-II.
- Computer Based Examination (Tier-I):- Tier-I is a computer based objective exam, which is divided in four sections: – General Intelligence, English Knowledge (Basic Knowledge), Quantitative Aptitude (Basic Arithmetic Skill), General Awareness. Total marks for Tier-I is 200 and there is negative marking 0.5 for every wrong answer. Candidates, who securing qualifying marks in Tier-I will be selected for the Tier-II exam.
- Descriptive Paper (Tier-II):- Tier-II Paper will be a descriptive Paper of 100 Marks in ‘Pen and Paper Mode’. The duration of the paper would be for one hour. This paper has been introduced to assess the writing skills of the candidates which is necessary in Government jobs. The Paper would comprise writing of an Essay of 200-250 words and Letter/Application of approximately 150-200 words. The minimum qualifying marks in Tier-II would be 33 per cent. The performance in Tier II would be included for preparing merit. The paper will have to be written either in Hindi or in English.
- Typing Test/ Skill Test (Tier-III):- Only those candidates, who secure at least the minimum qualifying marks in the Computer Based Examination (Tier-I) and Descriptive Paper (Tier-II), as may be fixed by the Commission at its discretion, will be called for Skill Test. The Commission may also at its discretion, fix qualifying marks in each component of the written examination. The Skill Test will be held at the Commission’s Regional Offices or other centers as may be decided by the Commission. Candidates opting for English medium should have typing speed of 35 words per minute (w.p.m) and those opting for Hindi medium should have typing speed of 30 words per minute. Data Entry Speed of 8,000 (eight thousand) Key Depressions per hour on Computer. For post of Data Entry Operator in the Office of the Comptroller and Auditor General of India (C&AG):- A speed Test of not less than 15000 key depressions per hour for data entry work to be ascertained through speed test on Computer.
Final Allotment: – The final merit of successful candidates will be determined on the basis of total score obtained by them in Tier-I and Tier-II. Candidates will be allotted to various departments according to merit and their preference.
Resolution of Tie Cases: – The tie cases will be resolved by applying one after another method, till tie resolved:-
- Total marks in Tier-I + Tier-II.
- Total marks of Tier-II examination.
- Total marks of Tier-I examination.
- Date of Birth, with older candidates placed higher.
- Alphabetical order in which first names of candidates appear.