Daily Current GK Update
04 January, 2019
Powered by: – myonlinepathshala.com
- West Bengal government announced 2 initiatives for farmers
The West Bengal government announced two welfare initiatives for farmers. Both initiatives are the part of the ‘Krishi Krishak Bondhu’ scheme.
The first of the two initiatives will provide Rs 2 lakh to the family of a deceased farmer. Under the second initiative, farmers would get Rs 2,500 twice a year for growing a single crop on one acre of land.
Source: – The Financial Express
- PM Modi inaugurated Indian Science Congress at Jalandhar
Prime Minister Narendra Modi has inaugurated the Indian Science Congress (ISC-2019) at Jalandhar, Punjab. The ISC is an annual congregation that witnesses deliberations by top scientific minds of the country.
The theme for which is ‘Future: IndiaScience and Technology. This will be his 5th address to Indian Science Congress after assuming office as Prime Minister. Three Nobel laureates will participate in this conference. Students will showcase their projects to scientists around the world.
Source: – DD News
- RBI forms expert panel on MSMEs under ex-SEBI chief UK Sinha
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) set up an expert committee under former SEBI chairman U.K. Sinha to suggest long-term solutions for the economic and financial sustainability of the MSME sector. The eight-member committee will also examine the factors affecting the timely and adequate availability of finance to the sector.
RBI has announced the panel a day after it allowed a one-time restructuring of existing debt up to INR 25 crore for the micro, small and medium enterprises (MSMEs) which have defaulted on payment but the loans given to them have continued to be classified as standard assets.
Source: – The Livemint
- 19 AIADMK, TDP MPs suspended from Lok Sabha for creating ruckus
Lok Sabha Speaker Sumitra Mahajan today suspended 19 AIADMK and TDP MPs from attending the proceedings of the House for four days for creating an uproar over the Cauvery issue and Special Category status demand for Andhra Pradesh. AIADMK and TDP MPs had assembled in the well of the House, and AIADMK MPs had also flung papers in the air.
Source: – The New Indian Express
- Important Cabinet approvals
The Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi has given the following set of approvals. The important Cabinet Approvals are given as follows:
The Cabinet has approved:-
- Apprised of MoU between India and Morocco on Cooperation in the area of Cyber Security.
- Apprised of Progress under NHM and Decisions of Empowered Programme Committee and Mission Steering Group of NHM.
- High-level committee to implement Clause 6 of Assam Accord Several Longstanding demands of Bodos also approved.
- Proposal to allot land to Chandigarh Housing Board for construction of apartments for 3930 allottees under SelfFinancing Housing Scheme for UT Employees.
- First-ever three-way merger in Indian Banking with amalgamation of Vijaya, Dena and Bank of Baroda.
- Amendment to the Trade Unions Act, 1926 to make provisions regarding Recognition of Trade Unions.
- Ex post facto approval to India’s Approach for COP 24, Katowice, Poland (215 December 2018).
- Restructuring of National Health Agency as “National Health Authority” for better implementation of Pradhan Mantri – Jan Arogya Yojana.
- Continuation of Rashtriya Yuva Sashaktikaran Karyakram Scheme for the Period 2017-18 to 2019-2020.
- ‘The Constitution (Scheduled Tribes) Order (Amendment) Bill, 2018’ for revision in list of Scheduled Tribes of Arunachal Pradesh.
- Continuation of Umbrella scheme for “Family Welfare and Other Health Interventions” during 2017-18 to 2019-20. 12. Allows inclusion of merchant exporters under Interest Equalisation Scheme (IES) for Pre and Post Shipment Rupee Export Credit.
Source: – PIB
- Cabinet approves aetting up HLC for implementation of Assam Accord
The Union Cabinet took several key decisions including setting up of a high level committee (HLC) to implement Clause 6 of Assam Accord to hold discussions with all stakeholders on quantum of reservation of seats in Assam Legislative Assembly and local bodies for Assamese people among other decisions.
Union Cabinet has approved the setting up a high-level committee for implementation of clause 6 of the Assam Accord and measures envisaged in the Memorandum of Settlement, 2003 and other issues related to Bodo community.
Source: – DD News
- Chinese spacecraft 1st to land on face of Moon not seen from Earth
The China National Space Administration’s (CNSA) robotic probe, Chang’e 4 has become the first ever to land on face of the Moon not seen from the Earth, state-run media said. State broadcaster CCTV said the lunar explorer had touched down at 02:26 am GMT on Thursday. The mission aims to take detailed measurements of the Moon’s terrain and mineral composition.
Source: – ANI
- Centre approves renaming of Allahabad as Prayagraj
Days before Kumbh Mela, the Union Home Ministry has approved the Uttar Pradesh government’s proposal to rename Allahabad as Prayagraj. In October 2018, the Yogi Adityanath-led government had proposed the change in name of Allahabad to Prayagraj.
A No Objection Certificate (NOC) from the MHA will now ensure that names of other institutes in the district, including railway station, High Court and university, are also changed.
Source: – The Indian Express
- Cabinet approves merger of Vijaya Bank & Dena Bank with Bank of Baroda
The cabinet has approved the merger of Vijaya Bank & Dena Bank with Bank of Baroda. After this merger, Bank of Baroda will become the third biggest public sector bank. The merger will be effective from April 1. This is also the first ever three-way merger in Indian banking.
Bank of Baroda (BOB) finalised the share swap ratio for the merger of Vijaya Bank and Dena Bank with itself. As per the Scheme of Amalgamation, shareholders of Vijaya Bank will get 402 equity shares of BOB for every 1,000 shares held. In case of Dena Bank, its shareholders will get 110 shares for every 1,000 shares of BOB.
Source: – The Livemint
- Veer Savarkar International Airport in Port Blair declared as authorized immigration check post
Veer Savarkar International Airport in Port Blair has been declared as an authorized Immigration Check post for entry into/exit from India with valid travel documents for all classes of passengers.
The announcement was made by Information, Public Relations and Tourism Division of Andaman and Nicobar Administration. This decision of the Union Government will open up the Port Blair Airport for direct international flight and immigration facilities.
Source: – DD News