Daily Current GK Update
10 APRIL, 2018
Powered by: – myonlinepathshala.com
- Tripura launches state component of PMKY.
Tripura chief Minister Biplab Kumar Deb launched the state component of Prdhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojna (PMKVY), targeted training to more than 1,16,000 youths by 2020.
Tripura CM: – Biplab Kumar Deb
Governor: – Tathagata Roy
Capital: – Agartala
- Nitin Gadkari on visit to South Korea.
Road Transport and Highways Minister Nitin Gadkari on 4 day visit to South Korea.
The visit is aimed to strengthening ties in the areas of sharing of technology, experience in Port developing and joint participation in port-related construction.
South Korean President: – MOON Jae-in
Capital: – Seoul
Currency: – South Korean Won
- RBI switches back to GDP Scale to measure economy.
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) switched back to the Gross Domestic Product (GDP) measure from Gross Value Added (GVA) methodology.
RBI Governor: – Urjit Patel
Headquarter: – Mumbai
- CWG 2018: Punam Yadav won 5th gold for India in weightlifting.
Weightlifter Punam Yadav won the gold in Women’s 69 kg weightlifting category. She lifted total 222 kg weight (100 kg in snatch and 122 kg in clean and jerk).
- CWG 2018: Gold and bronze medal in men’s 10 meter air pistol.
Jitu Roy won the gold medal with record in men’s 10 meter Air Pistol and in same event Om Prakash Mitharwal won the bronze for India.
- CWG 2018: Silver and bronze medal in women’s 10 meter Air Rifle event.
17 years old shooter Mehuli Ghosh win silver medal in women’s 10 meter Air Rifle event. Another 25 years old Indian shooter won the bronze in the same event.
- CWG 2018: Indian men’s TT team wins the gold.
India wins the gold in men’s TT after a long time in CWG since 2006. This is the first time when India won the gold in both women’s and men’s TT team event at a singal CWG event.
- CWG 2018: Indian wins gold in Badminton.
India wins the first gold medal in Badminton team by defeating Malasiya by 3-1.
- Deutsche Bank appoints Christan Sewing as a new CEO.
Deutsche Bank AG named Christan Sewing as a new Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of bank.