Daily Current GK Update
11 APRIL, 2018
Powered by: – myonlinepathshala.com
- Prime Minister launches India’s 1st all electric high speed train.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi flagged off India’s 1st all electric high speed train in Bihar. The train has 12000 horse power engine with the maximum speed of 120 km/h.
Railway Minister: – Piyush Goyal
- Vice President inaugurates scientific convention on World Homeopathy Day.
Vice President M Venkaiah Naidu inaugurated a scientific convention on World Homeopathy Day in New Delhi.
World Homeopathy Day celebrated as a birth anniversary of Homeopathy founder Dr Christian Friedrich Samuel Hahnemann (10 April, 1755).
- CWG 2018: Hina Sidhu wins gold in 25 meter Pistol Shoting.
Indian shooter Hina Sidhu wins the gold medal in women’s 25 meter Pistol shooting event. This is Sidhu’s 2nd medal in at CWG 2018, after winning silver in women’s 10m Air Pistol.
- President on 3-Nation visit.
President Ram Nath Kovind is on three nation visit. Two agreements signed with Swaziland King Mswati III in Mbabane on health and visa waiver.
- Conference on Water, Environment and Climate Change begins in Nepal.
- Intra-state e-way bill rollout in 5 states from 15 April.
The Government will introduce Intra-state e-way bill for five states- Gujarat, Uttar Pradesh, Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, and Kerala from 15 April.
- Government plans converting GSTN to govt firm.
The government plans to raise its stake in Goods and Service Tax Network (GSTN), upto 100%, between states and centre.
At present 49% stake hold by states and central government equally and 51% stakes hold by private financial institutions.
- Supreme Court denied the claim of Wakf board on Taj Mahal.