Daily Current GK Update
17 APRIL, 2018
Powered by: – myonlinepathshala.com
- Indian metrological department (IMD) said on Monday that the rainfall will be 97% of the long period average with an error margin of plus/minus 5%. IMD Director General K J Ramesh said that there was very less possibility of deficient monsoon. This year would likely be a normal monsoon for the third successive year.
- Kathua rape case: Supreme Court directs Jammu & Kashmir Government to protect victim’s family lawyer , the Supreme Court on April 16 2018 directed The Jammu and Kashmir Government to provide security to the family of 8 year old Kathua gang rape and murder victim the Judges bench comprises chief justice Deepak Mishra and Justice A M khanwilkar and D Y chandrachud also asked that state government to give security to the lawyer and a family friend assisting them in person the case.
- Biannual army commanders conference begins in New Delhi on April 16
the opening address was given by minister of state for defence Subhash ramrao Bhamre chaired by Army chief general Bipin Rawat, the senior commanders will deliberate on specific issues to Army formations and army as a bowl at the conference.
- Smriti Irani inaugurates 7th edition of home expo India 2018 the 7th edition of home Expo 2018 organized by export Promotion Council of handicraft was inaugurated at India Expo Centre in Greater Noida . Union Minister of textiles Smriti Irani inaugurated the fair.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi left on a five day visit to Sweden and the UK the visit aims to enhance in field of investments and Science and Technology. on the first leg of his first ever Indian at Stockholm which will be co- hosted by India and Sweden
- United Nations launchers road safety trust fund
United Nations Deputy Secretary General Amina Mohammed announced the launch of the UN road safety trust fund to stimulate actions that can save life and prevent injuries and sufferings associated with road accidents.
- Bollywood actor Dharmendra will be conferred with the prestigious Raj Kapoor lifetime achievement and filmmaker Rajkumar Hirani and Raj Kapoor special contribution award Maharashtra culture minister Vinod Tawde announced the name of the winner of the state government instituted award will be given away at the 55th Maharashtra state Marathi film festival.
- CII pegs india’s GDP Growth at 7.3-7.7% for 2018-19
The confrontation of Indian industry has announced that it expects India’s Gross Domestic Product GDP to grow at 7.3-7.7% during 2018-19 financial year this is based on strength in demand in the rural economy including agriculture and nonfarm activities as well as better Global growth climate
Rakesh Bharti Mittal is the president of confederation of Indian Industries.
- Kotak Mahindra Bank Limited beats India’s largest lender State Bank of India SBI for the first time to become the second valued Bank in the country data from BSE showed that Kotak Mahindra Bank has a market capitalisation of rupees 222560.69 crores after it share rose 1.7% Uday Kotak is the executive Vice Chairman and managing director of Kotak Mahindra Bank its headquarter is in Mumbai HDFC Bank Limited is the country’s most valuable bank with a market capitalisation of rupees 5.04 trillion .
- Indian swimmer double crosses Bengla channel set world record
Pune best 17 year old swimmer Sampanna Ramesh shelar has set a world record to double cross the Bangla channel.
- As part of the drive to double the income of farmers by 2022 the government has raised the authorised capital of NABARD by 6 time from 50 billion to rupees 300 billion to help in increasing its lending to the rural economy the government in the budget had had enhanced the course of the rural infrastructure development fund to rupees 280 billion with an overall objective of doubling farmers income by 2022.
Nabard is the key agency for implementing Rural Infrastructure Development Fund (RIFD) scheme.
Harish Kumar banwala is the chairman of NABARD
headquarter in Mumbai, Maharashtra