Daily Current GK Update
19 APRIL, 2018
Powered by: – myonlinepathshala.com
- NASA launches chess mission to study matter between starts
The national Aeronautics and space administration (NASA) has successfully launched chess mission to study the interest interstellar medium, the matter between stars, the space between distant star is not empty it contains drifts of vast clouds of neutral atoms and molecules.
- PM Modi’s visit to Sweden: India Sweden Joint Action Plan and list of MOUs during the visit India and Sweden signed a joint declaration of on Indian Sweden innovation partnership for sustainable future and adopted as Joint Action Plan to promote bilateral cooperation.
- India wins crucial election to UN’s NGO committee
India won the elections conducted by UN committee on Non governmental organisations in the Asia Pacific States category.
- Union environment ministry releases the draft of national clean air program the national clean air program lacks the mention of targets of achieving absolute pollution reduction of 35% in 3 years and 50% in 5 years.
- The Supreme Court of India stayed the order of the National green tribunal NGT declaring Amarnath cave Shrine Silent Zone and prohibiting religious offering beyond the entry. The Amarnath Shrine Board has Challenge the NGT order in the apex court arguing that the green tribunal can’t pass order on the Amarnath Shrine.
- Over 95% of world’s population breathing unhealthy air: state of global air report 2018
India and China were jointly responsible for over 50% of global deaths due to air pollution.
- India and the UK have signed 10 agreements in several sectors including cyber relation, rejuvenation of Ganga and skill development.
- Aditi Rao Hydari to receive Dadasaheb Phalke excellence award for Bhoomi for best Leading lady critics award for her memorable performance in Bhoomi. The award ceremony will be held in Mumbai.
- The newspaper ‘The New York Times’ and magazine ‘The New York Yorker’ have been jointly selected for pulitzer prize for public service.
- PP Malhotra has assumed charge as director general of National Cadet Corps (NCC).
- The minister of Commerce and industry Suresh Prabhu launched the FIEO Global linker a digital platform for MSME exporters to digitalise their business and join a global community for growing business.
- India signed a loan Agreement for IBRD loan of USD 48 million for the “Meghalaya community- LED landscape management project (MCLLMP)” with the World Bank.