Daily Current GK Update
20 APRIL, 2018
Powered by: – myonlinepathshala.com
- Government launches ‘study in India’ to attract foreign students.
The Indian government has launched the ‘study in India’ initiative to attract international students to study in India the website of study in India can be accessed at www.studyinindia.gov.in
External affairs minister Sushma Swaraj and minister of state for human resource development Satyapal Singh jointly launched the initiative in Delhi.
- Venkaiah Naidu launches Assam government’s Health Scheme
Vice president M venkaiah Naidu has launched a Health Scheme of the Assam government named Atal Amrit Abhiyan that offers free medical care of upto 200000 rupees for every individual from below poverty line and above the line families state government has earmarked 400 crore rupees for the scheme in the financial year 2018 -19 this scheme will cover 92% of the state population with annual income below 5 lakh rupees.
- First meeting of National Council on India’s nutrition challenges under POSHAN Abhiyan held
The first meeting of National Council on India’s nutrition challenges under POSHAN Abhiyan was held in New Delhi ,the meeting was chaired by Dr Rajeev Kumar vice chairman Niti Aayog.
The council which has been set up under POSHAN Abhiyan is the Apex body to formulate overall policies ,guide and monitor all nutrition based scheme
some of the important decision taken in the scheme was to provide smartphones to lady supervisors & direct transfer of fund to states and union territories for cash award to Frontline functionaries instead of creation of Corpus fund.
- India ,world’s 6 largest economy at $ 2.6 trillion:IMF
According to the database of International Monetary funds ,world economic outlet for April 2018 India is now the sixth largest economy .India’s Gross Domestic Product (GDP) the worth of economy clocked in $ 2.6 trillion for 2017.
The top 3 Economics of the world are
1 The United States
- National bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD) has extended total credit support of rupees 14690 crore to Rajasthan for 2017-18
The Rajasthan has been one of the biggest beneficiaries under the rural infrastructure development of NABARD , in which Nabard distributed concessional loans of rupees 1851.29 crore to the state government during 2017-2018
- Chhattisgarh government to distribute free smartphones to over 50 lakh people
Chhattisgarh state government will start distributing free smartphones to over 50 lakh people across the state under the Sanchar Kranti Yojana (SKY)
distribution of Smartphones will start during the Vikas Yatra campaign of Chief Minister Raman Singh the Yatra has been organised to create awareness about development activities under the BJP government under Mr Raman Singh.
- Karan Johar will soon become India’s first film maker to get a wax statue at Madame Tussauds, London
Karan Johar owns Dharma Productions Private Limited and also a costume designer and television personality.
Amitabh Bachchan , Sachin Tendulkar and Prime Minister Narendra Modi are some of the Other Indian dignitaries who have got a wax statue at Madame Tussauds, London.
- Gujarat CM launches ‘pocket cop’ project: Cops to get smartphone to curb crime
Chief Minister Vijay Rupani launches ‘pocket cop’ project to improve crime detection rate in the state some police personals were handed the smartphones at the event in Gandhinagar The smartphone will contain 4 different application for passport verification ,tracing criminals ,finding missing persons and for stolen vehicles.
- Dilip chenoy has been appointed as secretary general of the Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and industries (FICCI).