Daily Current GK Update
21 APRIL, 2018
Powered by: – myonlinepathshala.com
- Prince Charles to succeed his mother Queen Elizabeth II as Head of Commonwealth
Britain’s Prince Charles will succeed his mother Queen Elizabeth II as the head of Commonwealth after the head of government agrees on his decision.
Commonwealth leaders have reached an agreement on the succession of the 69 year old heir to the British Throne at a closed or Commonwealth head of government meeting retreat in Windsor Castle.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi held talks with German chancellor, returns India
Prime Minister Narendra Modi held bilateral talks with German chancellor Angela Merkel and discussed ways to further strengthen the strategic partnership between the two countries.
It was third and the last leg of Modi’s 3 Nation tour to the UK Sweden and Germany.
- External affairs minister Sushma Swaraj left for China on 4 day visit for SCO meet
External affairs minister Sushma Swaraj left for China on a 4 day visit .she will participate in a meeting of the foreign ministers of The shanghai cooperation organisation. She will hold talks with her Chinese counterpart Wang Yi this will be MS Swaraj’s first meeting with Wang after he was elevated to be the state counsellor.
- The 16th Federation Cup junior National athletics championship begun
The 16th Federation Cup junior National athletics championship has begin in Coimbatore Tamilnadu over 800 athletics from 32 States across the country will take part in this tournament .the meet will serve as the selection trials for the 18th Asian junior Athletic Meet to be held at Gifu,Japan in June the 3 day event will see 440 boys and 352 girls in the age group of 16 to 20 years.
- Minister of state for parliamentary affairs Vijay Goel inaugurated the new office of Central project monitoring unit for the e-vidhan Project of the government at the Parliament House.
e-vidhan is a part of the boarded digital India programme of the Government and is likely to contribute to the cleanliness and environment by reducing the use of papers to a great extent.
- Vice president M. venkaiah Naidu inaugurated the today 12th civil service day event in New Delhi
The day was focused on the topic ‘Evolving Strategies for transforming aspirational districtsT. The vice president also believe the book ‘Emulating excellence- takeaways for replication’.
- Bangalore Emirates as top city for office expansion: CBRE
In India Bangalore has emerged as the most preferred City for office expansion according to a survey by real estate Consulting firm CBRE, South Asia.
- Yes Bank gets RBI note to open office in London and Singapore
Private sector lenders Yes bank has received the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) approval to open two representative offices in London and Singapore.
Yes Bank open opened its first representative office in Abu Dubai in April 2015 and also launched IFSC banking unit IBU at gift City , Gandhinagar in the same year.
- The 2018 Chinese Grand prix was a formula one motor race that took place at Shanghai International Circuit in Shanghai, China .Red Bulls Daniel Ricciard won the race ahead of valtteri bottas and Kimi Raikkonen.