Daily Current GK Update
22 APRIL, 2018
Powered by: – myonlinepathshala.com
- Cabinet clears death penalty for child rape.
The Union Cabinet approved the promulgation of the Criminal Law (Amendment) Ordinance, 2018, which allows courts to award death penalty to those who convicted of rapping children below 12 years of age.
- We need no more nuclear tests: Kim Jong Un.
The North Korean leader announced that his country no longer needed to test nuclear weapons or long range missiles. US, South Korea welcome the move, Japan not satisfied.
- Aadhar and PAN Card are must for bank accounts: RBI
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has said Aadhar and PAN card will be mandatory to maintain a bank account if the central govt notifies any date.
- Cabinet approves promulgation of fugitive offenders ordinance.
The Union Cabinet approved promulgation of fugitive offenders ordinance, 2018. This ordinance will empower the govt to seize the domestic assets of those deemed by a relevant court to be fugitive economic offenders.
- Senior BJP leader Yashwant Sinha announced the retirement from politics and lef the BJP.
- E-Sansad portal and National Academic Depository integrated.
The Ministry of HRD has inaugurated e-Sansad and National Academic Depository (NAD) in a bid to make education system more transparent inIndia.
- IPL 2018: Kings Eleven Punjab defeat KKR by 9 wickets.
- IPL 2018: RCB defeat Delhi by 6 wickets.