Daily Current GK Update
04 APRIL, 2018
Powered by: – myonlinepathshala.com
- Punishing journalist in fake news stays cancel
Prime Minister Narendra Modi today ordered the information and broadcasting ministry to withdrawal its order lying down new guidelines punishing released for fake news after widespread critism that this norms were an attempt to intimidate and muzzle the free press in an election year.
Soon after that information and broadcasting ministry issued a statement saying its press release regarding fake news put out by it last night “stands withdrawn”.
- DRI booked Videocon group in 2 cases yet to prosecute
The Videocon group and its top management are facing charges of allied overvaluation of imports, siphoning funds from it’s listed entries to subsidiaries abroad for SBI of Central Excise documents and wrongly claiming drawback in 2 separate cases filed by Directorate of revenue intelligence (DRI)in 2014 and 1992.
- RBI did not audit PNB Branch that sanctioned loans Central Vigilance Commissioner said
Central Vigilance Commissioner KV Chowdhary said that Reserve Bank of India did not audit the Punjab National branch that section the loan defaulted by Jeweller Nirav modi and Gitanjali gems promoter Mehul Choksi.
- Direct tax collection hit at 10.02 lakh crore up 18%
Direct tax collections hit the landmark figure of rupees 10.02 lakh crore in financial year 2017-18, 18% higher than previous financial year Finance Minister Arun Jaitley said.
- RBI bonds Axis Bank from importing bullion for financial year 19
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has dropped Axis Bank which have been one of the largest importer of bullion from the list of lenders allowed to ship in gold and silver for the current financial year, the action comes at day after reports said that the central bank asked the board of the three private sector lender to re-look the three year 4th term offered to Shikha Sharma as Managing Director and Chief Executive, citing a massive spike in bad loans.
- Jio payments Bank starts
The RBI said jio payment Bank has commenced is banking service from Tuesday.
- Cab aggregator ola today said it has acquired Ridlr an end-to-end public transport ticketing and commuting app.
- The ministry of Commerce and industry have launched digital initiatives of export inspection Council (EIC) for ease of export to boost to India’s potential for agriculture and food export.
EIC is the official export certification body of Central Government initiative launched under flagship digital India initiative to keep pace with challenging dynamics of word.