Daily Current GK Update
06 APRIL, 2018
Powered by: – myonlinepathshala.com
- CWG 2018: Mirabai Chanu won gold medal in women’s 48 kg category weightlifting with a Commonwealth Games record.
- CWG 2018: P. Gururaja won the silver medal in 56 kg category weightlifting.
He lifts (111kg+138kg) 249 kg.
- Salman Khan gets five years in jail for killing black bucks 20 years ago.
- RBI banned trading of bitcoin and digital currency through bank accounts and e-wallets.
- Nepal Prime Minister Khadag Prasad Oli will arrive today for 3 day visit.
- Rajiv Kochhar stopped at Mumbai airport, is questioned by CBI.
Rajiv Kochhar, brother-in-law of Chanda kochhar stopped at Mumbai airport while he was about to board a flight to Singapore. Kochhar along with his brother Deepak Kochhar are being probed by the central agency in 3,250 crore bank loan granted by ICICI to Videocon Group in 2012.
- Cabinet approves Protection of Human Rights (Amendments), 2018.
It proposes to include ‘National Commission for Protection of Child rights”.
It proposes to add a woman member in the composition of the commission.
It proposes to amend the term of office of Chairperson and Members of National Human Rights Commission and State Human Rights Commission to make it in consonance with the terms of Chairperson and Members of other commissions.
- External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj on 3 day visits to Azerbaijan.
External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj in Azerbaijan to participate in the mid-term Ministerial meeting of the Non-Aligned Movement (Nam).
President of Azerbaijan: – IIham Aliyev
Capital: – Baku
- Russia start build Turkey’s 1st nuclear power plant.
President of Turkey: – Recep Tayyip Erdgon
Capital: – Ankara
Currency: – Turkish Ihira
- 1st Bi-Monthly Monetary policy statement released by RBI
The Monetary Policy Committee (MPC) decided to keep the policy repo rate under the liquidity adjustment facility (LAF) unchanged at 6.0%.
Repo Rate (RRR):- 6.0%
Reverse Repo Rate (RRR):- 5.75%
Marginal Standing Facility (MSF) rate: – 6.25%
Bank rate: – 6.25%