UPSC Indian Forest Services (IFS) Eligibility Criteria: – Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) conduct exam for the recruitment of Indian Forest Services (IFS). Eligible candidates can apply through online mode. Selection Process details are given below…
Selection Process Details: – The competitive examination comprises two successive stages:
- Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination (Objective Type) for the screening and selection of candidates for Indian Forest Service (Main) Examination; and
- Indian Forest Service [Main] Examination (Written and Interview] for the selection of candidates against the vacancies identiﬁed and reported for the Indian Forest Service Examination.
- Preliminary Examination: – The preliminary Examination will consist of two papers of Objective type (multiple choice questions) and carry a maximum of 400 marks. This examination is meant to serve as a screening test only. Only those candidates who are declared by the Commission to have qualiﬁed in the Preliminary Examination in the year will be eligible for admission to the Main Examination of that year provided they are otherwise eligible for admission to the Main Examination.
Note: – Since there may be common candidates for Civil Services Examination and the Indian Forest Service Examination. after the common Screening Test done through Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination, separate lists will be prepared for the candidates eligible to appear in the Civil Service (Main) Examination and Indian Forest Service (Main) Examination, based on the number of vacancies to be ﬁlled through the Civil Services Examination and Indian Forest Service Examination.
- Main Examination: – main examination will consist of 6 papers of conventional essay type. Candidates, who obtain such minimum qualifying marks in the written part of the Main Examination as may be ﬁxed by the Commission at their discretion. shall be summoned by them for an interview for a Personality Test. The number of candidates to be summoned for interview will be about twice the number of vacancies to be ﬁlled.
- Personality Test: – Candidates who qualify in the mains Examination will be called for interview Personality Test to be conducted by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC). The Interview! Personality Test will carry 300 marks. The Interview for personality test will be intended to serve as a supplement to the written examination for testing the General Knowledge and ability of the candidates in the ﬁelds of their academic study and also in the nature of personality test to assess the candidate‘s Intellectual curiosity, integrity of character, initiative and capability for leadership.