SSC Scientific Assistant Eligibility Criteria: – Staff Selection Commission (SSC) Scientific Assistant Examination required following eligibility conditions.
Nationality/Citizenship: – A candidate must be either
(a) a citizen of India, or
(b) a subject of Nepal, or
(c) a subject of Bhutan, or
(d) a Tibetan refugee who came over to India before the 1st January 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India, or
(e) a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania(Formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar), Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India. Provided that a candidate belonging to categories (b), (c), (d) and (e) above shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India.
Candidates age should not be exceed 30 years as on 04/08/2017.
Permissible relaxation of upper age limit as per government orders are as indicated below:
|S. No.||Category||Age-Relaxation permissible beyond the upper age limit|
|4.||PH+ OBC||13 years|
|5.||PH+ SC/ST||15 years|
|6.||Ex-Servicemen (Unreserved /General)||03 years|
|7.||Ex-Servicemen (OBC)||06 years|
|8.||Ex-Servicemen (SC/ST)||08 years|
|9.||Central Govt. Civilian Employees (General/Unreserved) who have rendered not less 3 years than regular and continuous service as on crucial date.||5 years|
|10.||Central Govt. Civilian Employees (OBC) who have rendered not less than 3 years regular and continuous service as on closing date.||8 (5 +3) years|
|11.||Central Govt. Civilian Employees (SC/ST) who have rendered not less than 3 years regular and continuous service as on closing date.||10 (5+5) years|
|12.||Candidates who had ordinarily been domiciled in the|
State of Jammu & Kashmir(Unreserved/Genera)
|13.||Candidates who had ordinarily been domiciled in the|
State of Jammu & Kashmir(OBC)
|14.||Candidates who had ordinarily been domiciled in the|
State of Jammu & Kashmir(SC/ST)
|15.||Defence Personnel disabled in operation during hostilities with any foreign country or in a disturbed area and released as a consequence thereof (Unreserved/General)||5 years|
|16.||Defence Personnel disabled in operation during hostilities with any foreign country or in a disturbed area|
and released as a consequence thereof (OBC)
|17.||Defence Personnel disabled in operation during hostilities with any foreign country or in a disturbed area and released as a consequence thereof (SC/ST)||10(5+5) years|
Minimum Essential Educational Qualifications: – Bachelor’s Degree in Science (with Physics as one of the subject)/ Computer Science/Information Technology/ Computer Applications OR Diploma in Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering from a recognized Institution/ University or equivalent.
- The qualifying Degree or diploma referred above should be in First Class (60% marks) or 6.75 CGPA on a 10 point scale.
- The qualifying Degree or Diploma referred above must be of three (3) years duration after (10+2) examination.
- The applicant must have passed 10+2 Examination from a Recognized Board or equivalent in Science with Physics and Mathematics as core subjects.
- Candidates who have not acquired/will not acquire the educational qualiﬁcation will not be eligible and need not apply.
- Ex-servicemen who has done various courses from Armed Forces which are certified by competent Authority to be equivalent to bachelor’s degree in Science (With Physics as one of subject)/ Computer Science/ Information Technology/ Computer Application OR Diploma in Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering are eligible to appear in the Examination.