1. Language is a skill activity (a)/ by which fine distinctions on meaning can be made (b)/ for a better understanding of behaviour. (c)/ No error (d)
Explanation (b) Use ‘of’ in place of ‘on’
2. Every man is conditioned by the age in which he lives (a)/ and if he were to return to another age (b)/ he would not be happy. (c)/ No error (d)
Explanation (a) Use ‘to’ in place of ‘by’
3. The work of an uneducated farmer (a)/ is far important than (b)/ that of a professor. (c)/ No error (d)
Explanation (b) Add ‘more’ before ‘important’
4. The question is often raised (a)/ that whether it is desirable to send Indian students abroad (b)/ since they rarely return. (c)/ No error (d)
Explanation (b) Remove ‘that’.
5. The watch is a valuable present from my uncle (a)/ and it costed him (b)/ more than two thousand rupees. (c)/ No error (d)
Explanation (b) Use ‘cost’ in place of ‘costed’.
6. Old age and infirmity (a)/ had began to (b)/ catch up with him. (c)/ No error (d)
Explanation (b) Replace ‘began’ with ‘begun’.
7. Its colour makes (a)/ the moth undistinguished (b)/ from the branch it rests on. (c)/ No error (d)
Explanation (b) Replace 'undistinguished’ with ‘indistinguishable’.
8. With only a week (a)/ to go for the election (b)/ things are really hotting up. (c)/ No error (d)
Explanation (d) The sentence is correct.
9. Romanticism of melancholy (a)/ in art and literature are the reasons (b)/ for insensitivity of those suffering from depression. (c)/ No error (d)
Explanation (c) use ‘to’ inplace of ‘of’
10. Taking life as it comes (a)/ I am someone who thrives one challenges and believe that my purpose in life (b)/ is to give on hundred percent to very opportunity that comes my way. (c)/ No error (d)
Explanation (b) Use ‘cent’ in place of ‘one hundred’